Simple tips for living simply. From parking to storage or your down payment, here are a few quick tips to get you started on your tiny home journey today. This is a great place to start!
5 tiny home tips
1. Find out where to park it FIRST! You don’t want to be mid-build and still seeking your perfect parking spot. Did you know, each state has specific laws concerning tiny homes? That means YOU as a tiny home owner need to do a little “R&D” research and development about your local area and its specific provisions when it comes to tiny home parking. TIP: Because all of our tiny homes are RVIA-certified, they can legally go anywhere recreational vehicles can go. Think National Parks, RV parks, or tiny home communities. You can also lease space on a private property where allowed, or place it in your own backyard.
2. What’s your ideal FLOOR PLAN? Do you need a one or two bedroom, loft or no loft? Do you need more closet space, or a larger bathroom? What appliances can you not live without? While we try to fit all of the amenities of a traditional residence into a tiny space, figuring out the best floor plan for your lifestyle is a great step towards going tiny.
3. Save up for your DOWN payment! Our production schedule gets full, fast. Slots are only secured in the order of which contracts and down payments are received. Tiny home purchases require anywhere from 10-20% down depending on credit worthiness, and a minimum of $15k to start building (that’s when we order your windows and trailer!).
4. DESIGN YOURS! We can’t say this enough, but we’ve put more than 50 years of combined experience, expert building science and intentional design techniques to deliver an easy online tiny home designer to help take the guesswork out of designing and building your own tiny home. Through our curated collection of designer finishes and specifications, you’re able to create a truly unique combination of choices to fit your lifestyle, vision and budget.
5. Don’t skimp on STORAGE, it’s worth the SPLURGE. When it comes to going tiny, built in storage organization solutions are way worth their money and will bring you years of joy and simplicity. From custom built-in staircase drawers, bed frame or couch pull-out drawers, and loft shelving units, adding storage to your build will make living tiny as simple as it should be.
With more than 50 years of combined experience in residential and commercial construction, Tru Form Tiny designs and builds innovative and unique tiny homes to help people live inspired lives within small spaces. Through intentional design, building science and a passion for sustainability, Tru Form Tiny combines painstaking attention to detail with superior safety standards to build breathtaking tiny home solutions. As members of the RV Industry Association (RVIA) and National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA), Tru Form Tiny has built more than 300 tiny homes utilizing high end materials in a wide range of diverse design styles and finishes. Awarded by the American Institute of Architecture Students for “Methods and Materials'' by the University of Oregon’s School of Architecture Design, co-owner Jen Carroll brings environmental science expertise to every build. Additionally, in 2007, Jen earned gold-level certification for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) by the US. Green Building Council. Paired with co-owner Malia Schultheis’ affinity for design and interior decor, and her background and education in accounting and fine art, Malia and Jen strive to work hand-in-hand with clients with the utmost care from beginning to delivery, and treat every tiny home buyer as extended family throughout their journey. With flexible financing options and a wide range of products and customization available, including interior design services, Tru Form Tiny truly delivers the comfort and luxuries of home within the small, simple and sustainable footprint tiny living affords. A family-owned company founded in the Pacific Northwest, Tru Form Tiny operates five days per week, Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Design-your-own tiny home with the Tru Form Tiny online builder, or view our photo galleries at truformtiny.com, or call 541-787-8767 to learn more. Stay social and follow us on Instagram at @truformtiny, like and follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/truformtiny or subscribe to our YouTube Channel at youtube.com/c/truformtiny.