Frequently Asked Questions

What does it mean to be aN RVIA member?

RVIA stands for the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association. As a member of RVIA, we certify compliance with more than 500 safety specifications for electrical, plumbing, heating, fire and life safety established under the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard for Recreation Vehicles. Additionally, we are subject to periodic, unannounced inspections by RVIA representatives to audit our compliance. Most Tiny Houses are not inspected - by anyone - putting you at risk for any number of harms or problems. Here is the link to there website

Not having an RVIA seal can limit financing, insurance, DMV registration, and parking options. Tru Form is committed to meet all required safety standards and federal motor vehicle regulations as a recreation vehicle (RV).  This may offer many advantages including the transportation, placement and financing of your unit 

Additionally, we use licensed plumbers, electricians, and HVAC technicians. This is just one of many practices Tru Form is committed to as a leader in safety and quality! We aim to set the standard for quality in the industry of Tiny Homes.

Where do I get insurance?

Since we are members of RVIA and listed in NADA, insurance can be purchased at any major insurance carrier. Just like your car. If you get a mortgage through us, your insurance will be rolled into your mortgage payment.

How Do i get a loan?


We have partnered with many different banks, credit unions, and financial institutions in order to get our customers as many financing options as they can get.  In order to get the process going, fill out your information and we can take it from there.  The form is located here (Financing page). A 5% - 20% down payment is standard on most loans for RVs and Mortgages.


Since we are members of RVIA, NADA listed, and a RV dealer you can apply at any bank or Credit Union for an RV loan. Seven, 10, and 15 year loan terms are available. We also work closely with several RV lenders to give our customers the most available options.  It's a very easy process, and we're happy to help you navigate your loan process.


Another common financing method is to get a Home Equity Line of Credit or “HELOC”. Lenders will often loan you a percentage of the equity in your home. Home equity loans are easy to qualify for, and the terms are highly competitive. This method requires that you already own a home.


Personal and unsecured loans can be acquired through your bank or credit union, as well as through online lenders and peer to peer lending programs. Personal and unsecured loans are not backed by collateral, therefore credit requirements are more stringent, and interest rates are sometimes higher than other loans.


Tru Form is revolutionizing the industry by offering a mortgage option. This is ideal for individuals who want lower payments and a longer term loan, and whom plan to live in a Tru Form Tiny full time as a primary residence. We have achieved this banking relationship through rigorous review, time tested quality and design, and a commitment to excellence above and beyond current building standards of this industry. This mortgage lender knows our product will long outlive the longer length of their loans.

What Size Truck do I need?

Depending on the model and size, either a 3/4 ton pickup or a 1 ton pickup truck is recommended for moving your Travel Trailer RV. Once you have decided on a model and options, we can determine the pickup size you will need.

Your RV may need to be licensed, insured, and registered.  Contact your local DMV for more details. It may be that all you need is a trip permit, depending on your use and type of lending. If you don't plan to move it very often, a licensed mover can move your RV for you from one place to another; usually for a "by-the-mile" fee (around $2.00/mile). Tru Form delivers to all contiguous United States.

COMING SOON! Park Model Homes. These models are wider, requiring special travel permits, travel parameters, and fees. Tru Form LLC hires professionals to deliver it’s Park models which range between 9ft and 11ft in width. The wheels on these units are meant for temporary travel and cannot be used as travel trailers.

Where can I park my RV?

Places to consider:

  • Your own land.

  • Backyard - either as camping or an accessory dwelling unit (please look into your city and county code).

  • RV Parks

  • Tiny house communities that accept RVs.

  • Rent space on someone else's property. It may be possible to share their utilities as well, based on local laws and guidelines.

It's important to be aware of laws and code concerning RV parking wherever you decide to keep it.

should I buy a custom RV or build my own tiny?

Skill -  

Building a safe, durable tiny house takes skill. Do you currently have construction knowledge and experience? If not, do you have the patience and commitment needed to acquire the skill? If you've never built anything, consider building something simple, like a set of shelves or a table to test your skill and gain confidence before beginning construction.

Insurance -  

Insurance can be obtained fairly easily for RVs built by certified RV manufacturers. For many tiny homes, finding insurance can be challenging. 

Build space -  

Do you have, or can you find, a place to build your tiny house? If your area has severe weather you may require an indoor space.

Time -  

Building a tiny house takes between 400 and 1,000 hours, depending on your skill level and the complexity of the house. Do you have this much free time? Can you be comfortable extending your build timeline as necessary to fit it into your existing work and family commitments?

Money -  If you have savings and know where you'll park your tiny house, buying one that's already complete may be the best path. If money is tight and/or you're not sure where you'll live, take it slow and work through your options.

Can you afford to buy tiny house plans, materials and tools? -   If the answer is no, proceed only with caution.

$ difference - new or used?

Can you afford to buy a new, completed RV (around $45,000 to $80,000)?  -  Some companies build to RV standards which makes financing an option. Note, RV financing  offers shorter terms and higher interest than a conventional 30 year mortgage. 

Can you afford a used RV or partially built tiny house? -  These can offer cost-

savings, but be careful. If the house or RV is used, get as much information as possible on how it was built (construction methods and materials). If new but partially built, ask why the owner decided not to finish it. Were there issues with the construction? Also, be aware that finishing a tiny house - or an RV - is expensive. Adding walls, flooring, cabinets and shelves can cost as much or more than the house shell alone.